Here is a quick guide to our search syntax to help you craft queries to search your tasks in Balsa Build!
- To search for tasks assigned to yourself, use value
- To search for tasks assigned to others, quote their full name or part of it
- To search for unassigned tasks, use empty string
- Search for tasks in a given board by name
- Search for all Jira tasks tagged with a specific component name
- Uses the same rules as
- Search for all tasks within an epic using its issue key
- Search for all tasks with a label by name
- Search for tasks by a given priority by priority name
- Search for tasks in a project by name
- Search for tasks in a given sprint by name
sprint:"Week of 2021-08-30"
- Search for tasks in a current sprint
- Search for tasks in a given status by name
status:merged or status:done
- Note our GitHub tasks have custom statuses in addition to the standard (
"Opened by you",
"Approved by you",
"Approved by others".
- Search for tasks in a given status category by name
- Status categories allow you to search for tasks that are in a specific state but not necessarily in the exact same status. This allows you to search for all tasks that are open (
statusCategory:new) without crafting a query to account for all the different statuses that an open task may be in (
status:open or status:draft or status:"to do" or status:"selected for development").
- Note there are three status categories across all different tasks and sources:
done. Think of
indeterminateas everything in between
- Search for tasks in a specific source by type
- Search for tasks of a certain type by name
- Search for tasks containing the term in their title, description or additional fields
Search syntax notes:
- Use quotes to wrap any search values that include a space
-to negate a query
- Use parentheses and
oroperators to create complex queries
(assignee:me or (creator:me source:github)) statusCategory:new
- Note we default to
andoperator if none is specified
Suggested starter queries:
- PRs to review
assignee:me source:github -statusCategory:done
- Tasks to do in a specific project about a given subject
project:build sync -statusCategory:done
- My open tasks in a sprint
(assignee:me or assignee:"") statusCategory:new sprint:"Week of 2021-08-30"
Saved Search 🌟
Save your carefully crafted search query in a Saved Search using the ➕ button on the bottom right of the search result list. This will create a new page in your sidebar that will stay up to date with tasks that match your query!
Not seeing the search capabilities you're craving? Email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get building! 🛠️